Monday, June 23, 2008

fun weekend

Jason and I went to a dinner for the Mid Atlantic Cancer Support Center on Saturday night. It was very uplifting and a time to meet other cancer survivors. I shared my story with about a dozen others (on paper, not getting up and talking) and had a picture displayed. Now we have a huge picture of just me.... don't know where we'll put it. But I got to wear my fav. new dress!




Then on Sunday my Uncle Mark & Aunt Melissa were in town- a real treat to get to spend some time with them. We walked through the Naval Academy and downtown to eat at Carol's Creek. We sat outside for a few hours and got to see a lightning storm. This prevented us from taking the water taxi back, oh well. They left this morning (Monday) after breakfast & a walk to the pier. I'll be headed their way to New York in August.
I love my husband- today there was a "Taco Truck" outside our house for the construction workers. I've always wanted to get food from one of these. So he went out and made me a plate- it wasn't quite what I was expecting- a lot of meat- mostly I didn't care for it. But I was hungry and ate a big portion of it! I guess I was hoping for real mexican beans & salsa.... ummm. Mexican Cafe anyone? :)

Today is pretty chill- need a day to rest & catch up! Nap time!





1 comment:

Tavia Clark said...

AWWWW! You look so cute!